Ohio Car Accident | Auto Accidnet Frequently Asked Questions

Ohio Car Accident | Auto Accidnet Frequently Asked Questions

Ohio Car Accident Lawyer | Ohio Car Accident Attorney | Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, and all of Ohio | Ohio Car Accident Auto Accident Lawsuit | Ohio Car-Auto Accident Injury | Attorneys Lawyers Lawsuit

Highway-Accident-Frequently-Asked-QuestionsWhat should I do after an auto accident?
If you have been involved in an auto accident, you should see your physician and describe any pain that you may have. If you are in severe pain, you should go to the emergency room immediately.

When you have time, you should try to write down any information relating to the accident, for future use. This information will help establish if you have a case. You should include witness contact information, the location of the accident, factors that may have played a role in the accident such as the lighting or weather conditions in the area, and any other relevant information. You should also contact an experienced and aggressive auto accident attorney, Richard W. Schulte, to represent your interests.

What if I had passengers in my car during the accident?
First, make sure your passengers have not been injured. If they appear to be injured or complain of any pain or discomfort, suggest that they seek medical attention. If they are in extreme pain, arrange for them to be taken to the emergency room for immediate medical care.

What is whiplash?
Whiplash is a physical injury that commonly occurs as a result of an auto accident. A sudden, jerking motion of the neck, shoulder, and head – common in auto accidents – leaves the nerves, muscles and joints in the neck, shoulder and head feeling strained and uncomfortable.

How do I know if I have whiplash?
If you experience neck pain following an auto accident, you may be suffering from whiplash. You should seek medical attention, even if you do not have any pain or visible injuries. Some injuries, including whiplash, may not manifest until a few hours or a few days after an accident.

Should I discuss my accident with the insurance company after my accident?

No. Do not discuss your accident with anyone other than your physician until you have retained a skilled auto accident attorney.

Should I accept a settlement from the insurance company?

No. Insurance companies are notorious for offering settlements that are far less than the injured party deserves. You may be able to receive a much larger settlement than the insurance company has offered by retaining an experienced attorney like Richard W. Schulte.

What actions must I take after an auto accident?
In most cases, you must call the police to report an accident. You must also report the accident to your insurance company and fill out the appropriate forms. Within 10 days of your accident, you must contact the DMV if any motor vehicle sustained over $500 dollars in damage or any person was injured or killed as a result of the accident.

How I am going to travel if my vehicle is being repaired?
Your auto insurance policy may allow for you to rent a vehicle while your damaged vehicle is being repaired. Keep all receipts for your rental vehicle, if you obtain one. These will be considered “damages” for which you may be reimbursed.

How much money will I get from my settlement?

Various factors affect the amount of money you may receive in a settlement. Loss of wages or employment, medical expenses, pain and suffering, disability and other expenses may be considered when calculating your settlement.

How many people are injured or killed in auto accidents every year?

Car accidents are, unfortunately, a common occurrence in our society. According to census data, the United States saw 10.8 million car accidents in 2009 alone. Those accidents caused nearly 34,000 deaths and an untold number of injuries. Believe it or not, that was an improvement! For many years, yearly traffic deaths averaged in the 50,000 range or greater – and that’s only in the United States.

Ohio Car / Auto Accident Lawsuit Evaluations

If you or a loved one were injured in a Car / Auto accident and you’re looking for an Ohio personal injury law firm that will guarantee the Car / Autoing, personalized and loyal representation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact Wright & Schulte LLC today. Ohio law gives victims injured in Car / Auto accidents two years from the date of the wreck to file a lawsuit, so you should act quickly. For a free, no obligation legal evaluation of your case, simply fill out the online form on the right, or give Wright & Schulte LLC a call, toll-free, at (937)-222-7477.

More Helpful Info

[ https://ext.dps.state.oh.us/crashstatistics/CrashReports.aspx ]
[ http://ohiohighwaysafetyoffice.ohio.gov/otso_annual_crash_facts.stm ]
[ http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/statistics/default.asp ]
[ http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/2011CrashFacts.pdf ]